Homemade Veggie Burgers



Hi everybody,

It's been a while since my last post, but I have got a very good excuse... I was on Holidays!

Now, I am back home and back to my kitchen and nothing better than spending a few hours cooking and listening to good music (I do enjoy that!)

Back to what it matters, today I have made some veggie burgers. 

These burgers were adapted from one of the recipes of my friend Catia's blog - Alecrim aos molhos, they were very simple to make and they couldn't be more delicious.

Here are the ingredients you will need:

  • 4 diced mushrooms (I have used the white ones)
  • 1 can of drained cooked black beans
  • 1 can of drained chickpeas
  • 1 diced onion
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 handful of minced spinach 
  • 1 Cup of breadcrumbs
  • 2 minced cloves of garlic
  • Olive oil
  • Oregano
  • Salt
Methode:

The first step is to mash your black beans and chickpeas together, you can do it with a fork directly in a bowl or use a food processor. 

In a bowl, mix gently your black beans and chickpeas dough and add your mushrooms, spinach and onion.

Add your eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic and oregano and carry on mixing.

When your dough is ready, make small balls and flatten them on a tray.

To finish, preheat your oven to 180ºC, brush your burgers with a little bit of olive oil (I used chilli olive oil) olive oil, and let them cook for about 30 minutes, or until you see they are ready.


I had them for lunch with a salad, but they are also great to eat on a bun with lettuce and tomato.


I hope you will enjoy this recipe and if you ever try it, let me know!

Have a lovely weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts